The Mini Parachute is a multi-coloured sturdy nylon parachute at 1.8m diameter with 6 handles.
Parachute play is an enjoyable way for children to develop motor coordination, team play and collaborative decision making skills.
- Stitched handles and mesh porthole.
- Comes in convenient cloth carry bag.
- Size: 180cm
- 6 handles
A fun activity that promotes teamwork and practice of social skills, whilst offering lots of health benefits. Place the parachute flat on the floor and the participants stand around it in a circle. Everyone grabs ahold of the parachute and works together to use it for various activities:
- bouncing small objects on top
- lifting it up and running underneath
- walking around it like a merry-go-round.
The material is light and easy to work with, yet offers enough resistance that it’s excellent for strengthening the upper torso.
This form of play encourages a variety of different skills.
- kids learn about cooperative play (taking turns) and communication (learning to follow instructions)
- development of a sense of rhythm with repetitive motion and songs
- visual perception is strengthened and challenged
- encourage socialisation and language development